How to do Right To Work checks
Step 1. Select the document type
- open the EYN Right To Work application,
- select the document type (National identity, Passport, Resident Permit)
Tip: select 'Other' if you have a birth certificate document
Step 2. Take a picture of the front and back of the document
- point the camera view to the front side of the identity document. The mobile device will beep and the picture will be automatically captured,
- next, do the same for the back side of the document. Try to align the edges of the document to the camera viewfinder.
Step 3. Check if the document has a Biometric chip
- If the document has the biometric symbol, tap the Yes button and then the Continue button
- If the document does not have a chip, tap the No button
Step 4. If there is a chip: place the phone on the document to read it
- If you tapped Yes, place the phone on the identity document and wait a couple of seconds to read the chip information
- You should see a progress indicator like the picture above. This means that the chip information is being downloaded
- Once the chip is read, you should see the identity information appear on screen. Tap Next to continue.
Tip: if you can't read the chip, move the phone around a little bit until the progress indicator starts moving.
Step 5. Take a picture
- tap the Take Selfie button
- Point the camera view to the worker's face and tap the button to take a picture.
- When there is a face inside the camera view the button should turn green
- The room/face needs to be well lit and the background should be as plain as possible
Step 6. Finish or attach additional documents to the check
- The RTW check is complete! You should see a checkmark icon. An exclamation mark as in the picture above appears when there are remarks.
- You can choose to upload extra documents to the RTW check or finish the process. Note that this step is optional.
- Examples of additional documents may be: a photograph of driving licence, a letter from a University if the candidate is a student, a National Insurance number confirmation from HMRC etc
Step 7. (Optional) How to attach additional documents
- If you choose to add extra documents, you will then have the option to take additional photographs
- Simply click the Add Image button and take a photo of each document you would like to attach.
- For each document select the document type.
- Once you are done, tap the Done button.
- Additional documents can be found in the dashboard under the Candidate & Document Images section.
Step 8. Visit the dashboard to see the results
- Using any web browser go to the Right To Work section of the dashboard to see the results
- You can use the search bar to search for a specific name
- The Document Checks section shows all identity document information that was retrieved during the check
Step 9. Print or export a PDF report (optional)
- Click on the Document Images tab to view the captured identity document images, selfie and date/time the check was performed.
- Click the Print Report button to generate a PDF report of the candidate right to work check. This report can be used for audit purposes and is fully compliant with Home Office regulation as a statutory excuse.
- Note that the last check done appears first on the names list. The exact timestap that the check was performed appears on the on the Document Images tab.